If you found this article about recruitment agencies in Sydney because you’re interested in finding information that will help you in your search for a Sydney recruitment agency, then make sure you pay close attention to the information that follows.
Here’s why: it was written to provide people with an overview of the thriving recruitment agency industry in Sydney so that they can make a more informed decision about which of the many Sydney recruitment agencies is right for their organization.
Sydney Recruitment Agencies Come In All Different Shapes And Sizes
There is certainly no shortage of recruitment agencies in Sydney, as there are literally hundreds of agencies – specialists and generalists – that cover the territory.
Virtually every recruitment agency in Sydney offers the usual range of recruitment services – from permanent and contract executive level recruitment to permanent and contract non executive level recruitment. Many of them also offer a wide range of services and solutions that support or enhance the recruitment process and human resources “lifecycle” – some of which are:
- Psychometric testing
- Advanced interviewing techniques like behavioral descriptive interviews
- Candidate and client follow-up after the placement
- Employee appraisal services
- Team development work shops
- Leadership development programs
- Outplacement services
There are even a few recruitment agencies in Sydney that offer a “buffet” style of recruitment services that allo organizations to get support and assistance with parts of their recruitment process – such as writing and posting job ads, screening applicants, short-listing candidates, etc.
Some of the bigger name recruitment agencies in Sydney include:
Sydney is also home to a growing number of boutique agenices – some of which came into being because of the global economic crisis (after being laid off by their employers, many top recruitment consultants made the decision to start their own agencies).
Boutique recruitment agencies generally offer their clients better customer service than their big brand counterparts – and, of course, access to the Managing Director – and also the opportunity to negotiate lower fees, owing mostly to the fact that boutique recruitment agencies do not carry the overheads that their big brand counterparts are stuck with.
Big agencies make up for their fee and service shortcomings with superior process and systems and superior candidate sourcing tools and reousrces.
Important Considerations about Sydney Recruitment Agencies
Irrespective of the type of recruitment agencies you’re considering, make sure you keep the following questions top of mind:
- Has the agency been in business long enough to indicate that it’s “here to stay?”
- How much experience does the agency’s recruitment consultants have in your industry?
- Can the agency provide you with references for roles that it filled that are similar to the ones you’d want them to work on?
- How long has the recruitment consultant been employed by the agency in his or her current role?
- What’s the annual churn rate of consultants at the agency?
- How robust is the agency’s recruitment process and do they use critical tools and practices like psychometric testing and behavioural descriptive interviewing as part of their recruitment process?
- Does the agency use social media sites for attracting and screening candidates?
Of course, you’re obviously also going to want to take into consideration fees and guarantees. Just don’t make the mistake that so many others have of letting “first cost” dollars dictate your decisions.
In the end, the city of Sydney offers a plethora of recruitment agencies from which to choose; and if you’re mindful of some of the tips offered in this article, then you should be in a good position to choose the right one for your business’ needs.
For more information on recruitment agencies Sydney, please read the following…
This article’s author used to be employed as a National Manager for Drake Australia – one of the biggest Sydney recruitment agencies of all – and has extensive experience in the Australian recruitment industry.
Please make sure you click on the link if you want more information about HR and recruitment, in general, or Sydney recruitment agencies, in particular.